Hello students! If you are looking for a paid internship and mentorship by industry experts, GitHub has recently announced the Octernships program which gives you the opportunity to contribute to real world open-source projects all while getting paid and mentored. The program is initially starting for students in 10 countries, including India, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Mexico, Nigeria, and Colombia, and will gradually expand to more regions over time. In the coming months, the team will be scaling, expanding, and launching new programming to further DEI within open source communities.
Check out these resources to learn more about the programs, and some tips to apply.
– Video by GitHub: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/github_githubocternships-activity-7041348938427183104-kq90
– Video by Kunal Bhaia: https://lnkd.in/gm6rQFhK
– Blog post by GitHub: https://github.blog/2023-03-06-unleash-your-potential-with-github-octernships-a-path-to-a-thriving-tech-career/
– Link to GitHub Octernships: https://lnkd.in/gnc6rz7a
– Learn more about GitHub’s social impact programs and how we’re skilling for the future here: https://github.blog/2023-01-31-skilling-for-the-future-how-github-is-advancing-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-within-open-source-communities/